| Patch Version
|| Release Date
|| Summary of Changes
||April 4th, 2016
March 31st, 2016
- Spouses now say unique dialogues during festivals (most of the time), rather than the generic handful of dialogues
- Spouse stands next to you at the Dance Of The Moonlight Jellies
- In-law dialogue... when you marry someone, their parents/relatives dialogues will change slightly to account for the change
- Sam, Sebastian, and Abigail now go to the saloon on fridays after you marry them.
- Spouses won't leave on rainy days, unless they have to go to work.
- Fruit trees produce higher quality fruit as they age. (once per year, up to gold star)
- Fruit tree harvesting now involves shaking the tree to drop the fruit
- Lightning strikes now have a unique effect on fruit trees
- Lightning is more likely to strike trees and crops, but lightning rods now have a very good chance of intercepting lightning strikes (if they aren't already processing a lightning bolt)
- Charcoal Kiln now requires 10 wood to produce 1 coal, down from 20
- Maxed-out friendship levels will no longer decay
- Added another digit to the shipping menu money counters.
- Dying in mines is less harsh: money lost caps at 5000g, rate of item loss reduced, can't lose rings or the Galaxy Sword.
- Your assigned movement keys are now used within Journey of the Prairie King
- You can now retrieve powerups and coins that drop on the edge of the map in Journey of the Prairie King
- The last two hearts are now greyed-out for marriage candidates until you give them the bouquet
- Willy now likes most fish dishes
- Adventurer's Guild now sells monster slayer rewards after you've unlocked them (you still get the free reward)
- Hardware mouse cursor option
- Tools left in chests within farm buildings won't count as "missing"
- Poppy properly consumed in poppyseed muffin recipe
- Can no longer incorrectly "consume" trap bobbers (click to make them disappear with strange sound)
- Agriculturist profession no longer causes an extra 25% growth rate when speed-gro isn't present. Speed increase effects should now properly apply to very slow-growing crops.
- Fixed sunflower seed price at JojaMart
- Chests should no longer appear on top of your in bed after upgrading your house.
- Item placement with the gamepad improved, and there is now an option to show an item placement indicator
- Snow yams shouldn't appear in the desert anymore
- Sea Cucumber should properly appear in the fishing tab of the Shipping menu
- Farm animals should no longer get stuck on fences placed directly to the right of the barn door.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Minor changes/fixes to dialogue
||March 20th, 2016
- Added unique dialogues for all spouses.
- Spouses now leave the house on mondays.
- Value of most animal products increased.
- Holly is now poisonous.
- Missing events problem shouldn't happen anymore.
- Minor bug/grammar/graphics fixes.
||March 17th, 2016 (HOTFIX)
- Fixed disappearing item problem. (items can still be destroyed by farm debris)
- Kegs now require oak resin to craft.
- Bee houses now require maple syrup to craft.
- Tortilla price changed from 75g to 50g.
- Nautilus shell (artifact) renamed to Nautilus fossil.
||March 12th, 2016 (HOTFIX)
- Fixed weird rectangle lighting problem.
- Flooring can now be removed by bombs.
- You can press a "menu" button (
E by default) to close out of yes/no dialogues
- If no other function is mapped to it, the
Y key will choose "yes" in a yes/no dialogue
- You can use the trigger buttons on a gamepad to navigate through the Community Center menu.
- Minor fixes.
- More secrets.
||March 9th, 2016 (RELEASE)
March 4th, 2016 (BETA)
1.05 Gameplay Additions/Changes
- Only read if you've gotten to year 3: Grandpa's had a change of heart... he feels he's been a little too harsh with his judgements. He no longer mentions "great honors", and his dialogue is a lot softer. If he's already visited you, check his shrine for a new opportunity...
- Restored a "Lost" Shane event.
- Changed earthquake to Summer 3rd... to make it clear that it's the season change that kills crops.
- Increased opportunities for iridium. The chance to find iridium in the skull caves increases significantly every ten levels.
- Added a zoom in/out feature to the options tab.
- Added volume sliders for ambient sounds and footstep sounds.
- Added snow transparency slider.
- Added option to turn off flash effects.
- Added lighting quality option.
- Added quest (Rat Problem) to make it clearer that you have to investigate the Community Center.
- Leah's schedule has been fixed.
- Spouses who have jobs won't get stuck in the bus area anymore.
- Upgrading a house with crafted flooring should no longer cause a mess.
- Restored more advanced NPC end-point behavior.
- "Secret" NPC's should no longer show up on calendar until you meet them.
- Escargot, chowder, etc. should now properly give fishing buff.
- You now truly cannot pass the bouncer.
- You can no longer get stuck trying to board the bus
- Fixed issue with invisible trees preventing interaction with tiles.
- Dead flowers no longer affect honey.
- You can now dance with your spouse at the Flower Dance.
- Game should now properly pause when steam overlay is active.
- Fixed issue where inactive window was still responding to input.
- Fixed fertilizer prices in Pierre's shop.
- Fixed Fector's Challenge
- You can now press the toolbar shortcut keys (
3, etc. by default) to change the active slot while the inventory menu is up.
- Iron ore nodes can no longer be removed, only destroyed.
- Dog should no longer sit on chests...
- Spouses less likely to run away into the dark abyss.
- Naming your child after an NPC should no longer cause issues.
- Fixed issue where recipes would sometimes consume more ingredients than they should.
- Fixed crashes in certain cutscenes, when certain dialogue options were chosen.
- Many small bug and typo fixes.
| Version 1.04
|| March 1, 2016
1.04 Gameplay Additions/Changes
- Added a randomize character button to the character creation screen.
- Robin now sells crafting recipes for "Wood Floor", "Stone Floor", and "Stepping Stone Path".
- Added a secret new way to modify a rare item.
- Increased grass growth rate.
- Increased forage spawn possibilities, and made it much less likely for forage to spawn behind trees.
- Reduced value of honey from 200g to 100g.
- Raised clint's ore prices.
- Inventory menus now indicate which slot is the "active slot".
- Made the meteroite look snazzier.
- Fixed problem with swinging sword while riding horse.
- Fixed strange lighting behavior when holding torches.
- Fixed problem where stone fence was spawning debris.
- Spouse should no longer get stuck on their way to town.
- Wild seeds now produce the proper produce when in the greenhouse.
- Secret gift exchange should now work properly.
- All scarecrows now give reports on their crow-scaring activity.
- Bouncer is now truly impassable.
- Trees no longer grow directly in front of warp statues.
- Willy's shop no longer counts as water.
- The meteor should no longer appear in pond or buildings.
- If an object is ever directly underneath you, preventing you from moving, right click to remove it.
- Mariner and Luremaster professions should now work properly
- Tappers are now properly destroyed by bombs.
- Fixed bathing hairstyle inconsistency.
- Fixed various item duplication and stacking issues.
- Poppyseed Muffin now actually looks like a muffin.
- Quest items should no longer disappear when you die.
- You can no longer give quest items to the wrong person.
- The Skull Cave quest can no longer be completed before receiving the actual journal entry.
| Version 1.03
|| February 28, 2016
1.03 Gameplay Additions/Changes
- The cooking menu now looks for items in your refrigerator as well as your inventory.
- Scarecrow range reduce to 8 tiles radius.
- The price of mayonnaise and other artisan animal products now increased by the rancher profession.
- Once you befriend someone to 2 hearts, their room is permanently unlocked, even if you go below 2 hearts again.
- Fixed duplicate item issue in the mines.
- Ladders should no longer spawn underneath the player, locking them in place.
- Fixed problems with the Community Center menu. You can now throw items down and delete them (
Delete key) in the Community Center menu.
- Fixed item quality exploit.
- You can now throw items down while in the crafting menu.
- If you destroy the stable, you can now rebuild it.
- Spa won't recharge you while the game is paused (e.g. steam overlay up).
- Fixed problems with the Stardew Valley Fair fishing game.
- Various stability fixes.
| Version 1.02
|| February 27, 2016
- If you never received your pet, you will now have another opportunity.
- When you go to sleep, the game now checks if any of your essential tools are missing. If so, they will appear next to your bed in the morning.
- The game now properly saves on level-up nights.
- Eating skill food and then going to bed on a level-up night works properly now.
- Fixed problem where completing the Crafts Room while standing in certain locations causes your character to get stuck.
- Player character should now walk correctly while in a cutscene after drinking coffee.
- Removed an item duplication exploit.
- Forage items should no longer spawn in the woods above the beach.
- Fixed Crab Pot problem (again)
- Fixed exploding armchair bug.
- Relaxing in the spa with your menu up no longer restores energy.
- Removed Leah's doppelganger.
- Debris should no longer spawn in the pathway between farm & forest.
- Fixed disappearing tapper problem.
- Fixed a few minor graphics problems & dialogue typos.
- Other minor issues (spoilers)
- Tools being upgraded no longer erroneously considered "missing"
- Clay duplication bug fixed
- Pet cutscene won't refer to the "cat" as a "dog" anymore.
- Leah's 10-heart event fixed
- Pepper Popper recipe now requires cheese.
| Version 1.01
|| February 26, 2016
- Fixed random crash when going to sleep after getting your pet
- Sound effect volume now properly applied on load
- 'Error item' should no longer appear for sale in the Saloon
Z key is now bind-able
- No longer possible to exit the Community Center menus while holding an item.
- Finding your first artifact from a geode no longer destroys remaining held geodes.
- Mature wild crops no longer disappear on day of load.
- Crab pots can now be placed and removed without issue.
- Fixed crash when inspecting chests in the mines.
- You can no longer place chests in the mines
- Tree seeds no longer incorrectly show a "Wrong Season" message
- Fixed some map issues
| Version 1.0
|| February 26, 2016