After year one, there's a 1% chance of the strange capsule event being chosen. The event only does something if 50 random tiles on your farm are clear and allow item placement. The random tiles may include invalid positions (like the house or ponds), and the event won't run if even one of those tiles can't hold the item, so it's extraordinarily rare for the item to appear.
A unique UFO sound effect plays, and a Strange Capsule appears on a random tile of the farm. It turns into a broken Empty Capsule after about three days.
There's a 1% chance of the stone owl event being chosen. The event checks the same conditions as the strange capsule event, so it's extraordinarily rare for the item to appear.
If no farm event was selected from the above list (regardless of whether the event did something), the game chooses from one of these events instead.
Child is born or delivered
- See also: Children
This event is chosen if you agreed to have a child 14 days ago in the spouse asks for a child event. The child appears in the farmhouse crib the next day.
Bug: if another event is selected above, the child is never born or delivered.
Spouse asks for a child
If married to an NPC:
- This event has a 5% chance of being chosen if you've been married for at least 7 days, sleeping at home, have at least 10 hearts with your spouse, have the nursery upgrade, have been married for at least 7 days, aren't already having a child, and have no children or one child at the toddler age.
- Your spouse asks if you want to have a child. If you agree, the child is born or delivered after 14 days.
If married to another player:
- This event has a 5% chance of being chosen if you're sleeping at an eligible home and aren't already having a child. A home is eligible for children if it's owned by one of the married players, has the nursery upgrade upgrade, and doesn't already have two children.
- One player is randomly chosen to propose having children; if both players accept, the child is born or delivered after 14 days.
Farm animal birth
- See also: Animals
There's a 50% chance the farm animal birth is selected. The event randomly chooses one upgraded Barn that isn't full (each with a chance equal to 0.55% * number of animals inside, e.g. 1.65% for three animals), then one random animal in that building. If no building is selected or the animal can't give birth (e.g. it's a baby or you disabled pregnancy for that animal), the event does nothing.
The selected farm animal in the barn gives birth. A message is shown asking you to name them.
Wild animal attack
- See also: Animals
This event is guaranteed to be chosen if no other event was, but has a 50% chance of doing nothing. The event randomly chooses one barn or coop whose door is open with some animals outdoors (each with a chance equal to 1 / number of buildings, e.g. 100% if you have one building and 50% for two).
A unique dogs sound plays, and one of the selected building's animals left outside disappears permanently. All other animals show a message indicating "something bad happened last night", but are otherwise unaffected.
- See SoundInTheNightEvent::SetUp in the game code.